Fuel-Flex’s professional service team’s skillset includes:
- Low and high pressure hose testing
- Borescope (camera inspection)
Fuel-Flex was recently contracted by a client to carry out Inspection, Maintenance and Recertification (IMR) of 31 high-pressure drilling hoses from a SAIPEM 12000 drillship.
The drillship was in the port of Coega for repairs before departing to carry out a drilling programme in Mozambique.
- The high-pressure drilling hoses needed to be recertified before the drillship could go out on contract.
- Hose lengths ranged from 7 metres to 36 metres with weights of up to 2.5 tons.
- Pressure tests carried out were in line with the Original Equipment Manufacturer’s set guidelines for recertification.
- Cleaning of stainless steel cover
- Visual inspection of outer carcass of hose
- Inspection of end-fittings
- Borescope (camera visual) inspection for damage in hose
- Repairs carried out on rubber outer carcass with Belzona chemical repair kit
- New stainless steel repair carried out up to 2.5 metres
- Smaller repairs carried out with Band-It strapping
- Pressure testing of each hose; one hour hydrostatic test up to 22 500psi
- Chart recorders used to record pressure and time
- Reports written for every hose and signed off by customer